You are entitled to expect and receive high quality services at UnitingCare ReGen.
The Purpose of the Charter
This charter describes your rights and responsibilities when you participate in our services.
It is a partnership to help you achieve the best possible outcomes.
As a client of UnitingCare ReGen I can expect to:
- be treated with respect and dignity at all times
- have fair access to appropriate services regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or disability
- be involved in decisions about all aspects of my treatment
- ask a support person to be involved in discussions about my treatment
- make an informed decision as to whether I take part in any recommended treatment (except where legislated)
- receive feedback about my progress throughout treatment
- have access to any written records about my treatment through ReGen's processes to access information
As a client of ReGen I am expected to:
- contribute to an environment that is safe and supportive for everyone
- treat all people and their property with respect and dignity
- provide accurate information on issues that affect my treatment
- respect the privacy of others
Compliments, complaints and suggestions from people who use ReGen’s services provide the agency with the best indication of whether its services are meeting the standards set out in the Client Charter.
ReGen values client feedback and seeks it in a number of ways, including through surveys, direct feedback from clients and workshops. We value the opportunity to respond to you about the feedback you provide, but if you choose, you may provide your feedback anonymously. If you have a complaint ReGen will endeavour to contact you within 48 hours to discuss a timeframe to deal it.
Your compliments help us know where we are performing well. Feedback on issues and problems you may have experienced help us improve the quality of our information, support and services. Your feedback will not prejudice the services provided to you at ReGen.
You can expect to:
- be given opportunities to provide feedback based on your experiences of services through ReGen
- be listened to whether you have a compliment, a complaint or a suggestion
- be able to raise concerns directly with the person involved where appropriate. In an instance where you feel it is inappropriate to raise the concern directly with the person involved you have the option to raise the matter with a Program Manager or Supervisor
- raise a concern or make a formal complaint using the ReGen’s complaint’s procedure
- be able to bring a support person with you whilst you provide feedback
- have your complaint managed in a timely and professional manner
- receive feedback about ways you might be able to improve the outcomes of your treatment, unless you choose to do it anonymously.
For more information see the ReGen Feedback brochure or the ReGen Client rights and managing client complaints policy.
I can access the information ReGen keeps about me in keeping with the agency’s Client Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
and the Victorian Information Privacy Act. I can request access to documents or the Policy directly to the Team Leader or Manager of the service I am receiving or contact the Privacy Officer at UnitingCare ReGen, 26 Jessie Street, Coburg VIC 3058 or
ReGen’s Client Charter is consistent with the Department of Human Services AOD Client Charter and the Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities
Other relevant services and resources: