Presenting evidence grounded in research, our 40+ years' of service delivery and the experiences of people who use our services is the key to our advocacy.
See our range of position statements, their supporting evidence and public submissions (below) on a variety of drug policy and treatment issues. See our media page for examples of our work on improving community understanding of AOD issues and challenging stigma.
ReGen Position Statements
Position Statements are developed in response to issues relevant to and/or directly impacting on the alcohol and drug sector, the community and our clients. The following Position Statements have been authorised by the Board of UnitingCare ReGen.
- Recommendations for the implementation and continued expansion of consumer participation initiatives within alcohol and/or other drugs (AOD) services in Australia
- Recommendations for the expansion of Family Inclusive Practice within alcohol and other drug (AOD) services in Australia
- Recommendations for future policy and service development in the Australian alcohol and other drug (AOD) sector regarding the role of ‘Recovery’ principles within the sector
- Support for the establishment of a Medically Supervised Injecting Centre in Melbourne, Victoria
- Recommendation for the expansion of Harm Reduction services in Australia
- Support for increasing therapeutic interventions for opioid dependence in Australia
Policy and inquiry submissions
- Submission to coronial investigation into fatal heroin overdose in Richmond area
(link will be reposted once our submission has been made a public document by the court)
- Submission to independent review of Victorian AOD & Mental Health reforms
- Submission to the Senate inquiry into crystal methamphetamine (Ice)
- Submission to the National Ice Taskforce
- Submission to Therapeutic Goods Administration on rescheduling of naloxone
- Submission to stakeholder consultation on development of 2016-2021 National Drug Strategy
- Submission to review of the Victorian Severe Substance Dependence Treatment Act
- Submission to Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into Supply and Use of Methamphetamines
- Submission on proposed rescheduling of alprazolam (Xanax)
- Submission on Shergold discussion paper on Victorian Community Services Sector reform
- Submission on the Victorian Department of Health's proposed AOD Treatment Principles
- Submission on changes to directors of body corporates liability provisions in Liquor Control Act Oct 2012
- Whole-of-Government Victorian alcohol and drug strategy - Community Consultation
- Victorian Department of Health AOD Workforce Development Strategy
- Victorian Government Public Consultation on 'Pathways to a fair and sustainable social housing system'
- Federal Government Inquiry into Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)