ReGen - Drink and Drug Drive Information

Note: Victoria's drink and drug driving laws have changed

Increased penalties apply from 30 April, 2018.

ReGen will continue to deliver drink and drug driver programs, but there will be some changes to the referral process and the programs themselves.

We will be updating the information on this page shortly.  In the meantime, If you are unsure what you need to do, you can either contact VicRoads on 13 11 71 (8am-5.30pm Mon-Fri) or ReGen on 9386 2876.

More information about the changes is available on the VicRoads website.


Help to restore drivers licences safely and professionally

Thumbnail Client Courses 2017


Licence restoration can be a confusing and daunting process. ReGen Accredited Drink and Drug Drive aims to help you access the information you will need to make an informed choice about licence restoration.

ReGen is the lead provider of Drug Drive Education Programs in Victoria and has been assisting people to restore their licences through the provision of both Drink and Drug Drive Education Programs for the past 12 years.


I lost my licence due to a drink or drug driving offence, what do I have to do?

When a licence is suspended or cancelled for drink or drug driving, it is not automatically reinstated as is the case for speeding. Instead, that person is required to undertake a licence restoration process. This process involves a number of steps which can span up to 12 months or more following the initial period of disqualification. Conditions may include payment of fines, participation in a driver education program, undertaking assessments, court hearings and, in some situations, the installation of alcohol interlock devices. The need to fulfil one or more of these conditions depends on the individual’s circumstances, such as the type of offence, age of the driver and whether they have previously been convicted.

If your licence has been suspended contact VicRoads on 131171

If your licence has been cancelled through a court order click on the link below and answer the questions given on the Online Licence Restoration Guide. You will need to know the charges on your offence. If you need assistance with this information, please contact ReGen on 9386 2876.

Magistrates Court Online Licence Restoration Guide


I need to undertake a Drink or Drug Driver Education Program, what do I have to do?

Almost all people who have had their licence suspended or cancelled for drink or drug driving will need to participate in a driver education program. ReGen is a Victorian Accredited Driver Education Program (VADEP) provider. ReGen assists people who have lost their licences by providing Drink and Drug Drive education programs. Our VADEP Accreditation No is: 08 / 086.

ReGen Accredited Drink and Drug Driver Education Programs run over eight (8) hours; most of these are offered through two sessions, each of four (4) hours duration, the sessions are held one week apart. In some cases, ReGen offers these courses over one day.


When can I do an Accredited Drink or Drug Driver Education Program?

ReGen offer Drug Drive courses on a monthly basis. The course is delivered for Metro Melbourne participants over two 4-hour sessions on Wednesday afternoons between 4.00pm – 8.00pm. For participants in Regional Victoria it is delivered on a full day basis on Fridays between 8.30am and 4.30pm.

Please be aware that the courses fill up quickly.  Plan ahead to secure a place in the month that suits you.  

Drink Drive will be run in March, July and December 2017.  Click on the programs calendar image above for details.

To enquire about the next available course please contact 9386 2876.


How do I register for a ReGen Accredited Drink or Drug Driver Education Program?

To register for a course you can call (03) 9386 2876 and our reception staff will take your details. One of our Drink or Drug Drive facilitators will call you back to confirm your booking and discuss any additional needs you may have.


Is there a fee for the ReGen Accredited Drink or Drug Driver Education Program?

There is a fee payable for participation in a Drink or Drug Driver Education Program. ReGen offers payment plans and concessions to eligible participants. Please contact ReGen on (03) 9386 2876 for information on the current fees.

After satisfactory participation and completion of the program requirements and payment for your course you will receive a Certificate of Attendance which you will need to take with you to Court or Vic Roads.


Where is ReGen Located?

ReGen Drink and Drug Drive education programs are located at:

26 Jessie St
Coburg 3058 Victoria (Map)

ReGen is accessible by train (Moreland Station on the Upfield line) tram and bus.


I need to do assessments as part of my licence restoration order, where can I do these?

If you need to undertake any assessments as part of your licence restoration process you can contact Directline on 1800 888 236 to find a location that is convenient for you. All agencies charge fees for this service.


I have an alcohol interlock condition on my licence. What do I need to do?

Information on what you need to do and the steps involved in fitting and managing an Alcohol Interlock can be found on the Vic Roads Web Site.
Click here to access the information


Further information

If you have any queries about the Licence Restoration Process we will endeavour to provide you with appropriate information. Contact ReGen on 9386 2876


Interested in more support?

ReGen provides a range of supports and courses for people who have alcohol or drug related concerns. Click on the links below to find out more.


Assessment Treatment logoconsideringchangeCWCfocis