FOCiS (First Offender's Court Intervention Service)
A 2.5-hour compulsory drug education program for first offenders sentenced to the program by the Magistrates' Court. Delivered throughout Victoria.
How to register
Please use the calendar on the right to search for and register for any of the FOCiS courses.
What is it about?
The FOCiS program aims are:
- To provide explore the positive and negatives of drug use
- To increase the participants understanding of their own drug use and the potential harms and consequences of that use
- To develop skills to identify and reduce risk
- To develop an understanding of the cycle of change and treatment options
- To avoid stigma of conviction for first time offenders
Do I have to attend?
Yes. If you have been placed on an Undertaking with Conditions or if you are on a Diversion Plan with the condition that you attend the FOCiS program, attendance is compulsory and you will receive a certificate to take to present at Court.
What happens if I don't attend?
If you are placed on an Undertaking with Conditions and you don't attend the FOCiS program during the course of your undertaking, the police will be notified of your non-attendance and the matter is likely to return to the Magistrates' Court.
The Magistrates' Court will deal with any non-attendance issues relating to persons referred to the program who are on a Diversion Plan.
Locations of program
FOCiS is delivered at several metropolitan and country centres.
Call (03) 9386 2876 for more information.
You are required to attend the program that the Magistrate Court books you into. If you have any queries, please contact the FOCiS co-ordinator at UnitingCare ReGen on (03) 9386 2876.