Application Closing Date
|AOD Forensic Clinician||Leading Alcohol and Other Drugs Agency||Full-time, Fixed term to Dec 2022||Based in Port Phillip Prison||28 April 2017|
|Forensic Psycologist||Leading Alcohol and Other Drugs Agency||Full-time, Fixed term to Dec 2022||Based in Port Phillip Prison||5 May 2017|
|AOD Counsellor||Catalyst||Full-time, Fixed term to June 2019||Narre Warren||5 May 2017|
Why work at ReGen
- Are you passionate about your work?
- Do you want to make a difference?
- Do you want to work for an organisation you are proud of?
Then ReGen is the place for you.
We are committed to promoting wellbeing and reduce the harm from problematic alcohol and other drug (AOD) use.
We are passionate about social change, but recognise that passion alone isn’t enough. Our work is grounded in research evidence and our experience in developing and delivering services in response to emerging needs. And we don’t just keep our knowledge to ourselves - we share it online, in print and face to face through workforce development, education and advocacy.
As a leader in service innovation and one of the largest Registered Training Organisation’s (RTOs) in the Victorian AOD sector, we are committed to providing our staff with the skills, experience and opportunities to improve our existing services and develop new responses to emerging needs. Everything we do has the aim of providing the best possible supports to people affected by AOD use, both through our own services and in partnership with other providers.
A career at ReGen offers you a challenging and rewarding job, with and across a range of services in a supportive culture that offers a friendly, constructive and positive work environment where people want to come to work. Our staff retention rate (over 90%), regular staff satisfaction survey results and consumer feedback provide solid evidence of the strength of our organisational culture.
Working at ReGen is not just about helping people affected by alcohol and other drug use achieve sustainable life changes. It’s being part of an organisation that recognises the hard work, dedication and commitment of its staff.
To help ensure that a career at ReGen is as fulfilling and rewarding as possible, we offer a range of benefits, including:
Our Study Assistance Policy and Performance Review & Development model ensures that not only do you have adequate skills and support to perform your current role, but that you also have access to a variety of professional development opportunities to support career pathways within the AOD and related sectors.
Some of the ways in which we support professional development include:
- Offering the AOD competencies (at no cost to our staff)
- Study leave and in some cases may contribute funding for approved study
- Scholarship program for employees to apply to attend major conferences
- Opportunities to act in higher positions
Salary packaging allows you to pay for certain expenses before tax is taken out of earnings. This reduces the amount of tax paid, helping staff make the most of their income.
You could choose to package a range of items, such as your mortgage, rent, school tuition fees, private health insurance or even a personal loan repayment within this limit. You may decide to use our convenient Salary Packaging Payment Card to package everyday living expenses including groceries, clothing and utility bills.
You can package up to the allowable maximum of $15,900 each FBT year, plus make use of the Meal Entertainment Card and even Venue Hire which is available beyond your cap limit. For more information and for useful calculators to estimate how much you could save based on your choice of benefits, please visit our workplace benefits provider, Maxxia.
Work Life Harmony
We believe that there are significant benefits from promoting and embracing a real commitment to work life harmony. We recognise that everyone has responsibilities and interests outside of the work environment.
We know that you will be more effective in your work if you can achieve a reasonable balance between these commitments. Our Work Life Harmony policy includes such options as:
- Flexible working hours,
- Part time arrangements (where appropriate)
- Additional leave options (purchased leave 48/52),
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) arrangements, and
- Phased retirement.
In addition to this, we also provide generous leave entitlements including:
- 5 weeks annual leave after 3 years’ tenure
- Above award personal and compassionate leave
- Leave loading
- Paid parental leave
Health & Wellbeing
It is important to us that our staff lead happy and healthy lives. As well as achieving a healthy work life balance ReGen is committed to staff wellbeing.
By encouraging our staff to participate in a range of activities not only does it promote their health and wellbeing, but also supports and enhances healthy relationships between our staff, positively impacting and building upon our culture.
ReGen’s Work Rest Play group work to offer a range of wellbeing initiatives such as:
- Flu vaccinations
- group training
Employee Assistance Program
At times the pressure and difficulties of everyday life or the challenging nature of working in this field can be very taxing. We recognise this and that from time to time our staff might need additional support to assist them through a difficult time.
ReGen offers an external, free, professional and confidential counselling service for members of our staff (and their eligible immediately family members) who may need help with particular problems affecting their well being. This service is available 24/7 365 days a year.
Some of the issues that the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) service can provide assistance in include:
- Maximizing your potential performance
- Work life balance
- Workplace conflict and communication
- Career path
- Work stress
- Relationship and marital problems
- Grief and bereavement
- ReGen is an equal opportunity employer.
- ReGen has zero tolerance to child abuse and this applies to all groups particularly those that are at higher risk who might not feel comfortable reporting. This includes a commitment to cultural safety of culturally and/or linguistically diverse children (including Indigenous children) and children with a disability.
- ReGen is committed to reducing the harms associated with tobacco and staff should adhere to site specific guidelines that includes tobacco free at some locations.
Conditions of Employment
ReGen employees are required to adhere to certain employment conditions (see position descriptions for more details), in particular:
- All employees are required to undergo a police check and those in clinical positions a working with children check. Any offer of employment is subject to the result of these checks.
- Employees must be willing and able to travel during the course of fulfilling the duties of their position, and may be required to operate out of various ReGen locations.
- Employees in clinical positions are required to maintain up to date first aid and CPR training.
ReGen is committed to providing a range of student placement opportunities across our clinical services. We have strong relationships with a number of Universities and Tafes who work with us to ensure the best match between student and placement.
Please state in your cover letter:
- Why you are interested in undertaking your placement at ReGen,
- When you are seeking placement, and
- Your availability (e.g. full-time or part-time).
Should we have any opportunities available we will consider your applications and contact you.