The following resources have been developed using content from out Catalyst and Torque non-residential rehabilitation programs. The information provided here has been identified by the people doing these programs as some of the most useful content. They have also told us that this information is what they would be most likely to come back to in the future to help avoid relapse and support their own recovery.
While these resources have been developed for people who have completed the Catalyst and Torque programs, they should be of use to anyone who is looking for some extra support to keep themselves on track and maintain the changes they have made to their alcohol and other drug use.
If you need further assistance to help avoid a relapse (or get back to where you want to be following a relapse) give our Intake team a call to discuss how our free services can help: 1800 700 514.
- Managing Cravings and Triggers: Understanding cravings; Urge surfing; Mindfulness; The three D's (Delay, Distract, Decision)
- Managing Anger and Frustration: Identifying problems with anger; Secondary emotions; Management strategies
- Managing Anxiety: How anxiety affects us; ABC-DE model, Management strategies
- Managing Depression: Understanding depression; Thinking errors; Management strategies; Sleep; Increasing pleasant activities
- Responding to a Lapse: How to stop a lapse becoming a relapse; Disputing irrational thoughts
- Active Listening: Open-ended questions; Minimal prompts; Paraphrasing; Summarising; Hearing the whole message
- Assertive Communication: Communication styles; 'I' and 'You' statements; Refusal skills
- Barriers to Communication: Not listening; Avoidance; 'You' statements