Counselling and Support Services
The Counselling, Consulting and Continuing Care Team of experienced counsellors assist people to deal with problems associated with alcohol and other drug use.
Counselling at ReGen is available to people who live in the Local Government areas of Hume, Darebin and Moreland. There is a counsellor available to see individuals and/or family members at the following locations:
- Darebin Community Health Centre, Crevelli Street, Preston, 3072
- ReGen, 26 Jessie Street, Moreland, 3058
- Youth Central, Pearcedale Road, Broadmeadows, 3047
- PANCH Health Service, 300 Bell Street Preston. 3072
How a Counsellor can help
Some of the things a counsellor can help you with include:
- information about the effects of alcohol and drug use
- assisting you to plan to make changes to their alcohol or other drug use (incorporating goal setting)
- assisting you to develop strategies to prevent relapse
- support in behaviour change
- assistance in contacting other services that can help
- information and support for families affected by alcohol and other drug use
After Hours Counselling
ReGen has counselling appointments available on Wednesday and Thursday evenings (5:00 pm - 8:30 pm). This can be helpful if a person is working, studying or has other commitments during the day.
Attendance at these times is via appointment only.
To access Counselling Services at ReGen please call (03) 9386 2876 and ask to speak to the Intake Worker.